Closing Date: Wednesday 24th March 2021 – 5:00 pm
Interview: From Monday 29th March 2021 (Virtual)
Start Date: Monday 12th April 2021.
Application deadline: 24/03/2021
Expected start date: 12/04/2021
Job Types: Part-Time – Leading to Full-time, Contract
Contract length: 12 months (Fixed-term)
Application Deadline: 24/03/2021
Expected Start Date: 12/04/2021
About this role…
The Wakefield School Sports Partnership (SSP) is a project that sits within Wakefield Trinity Community Foundation as part of the new Trinity Education Department.
Our coaching team is responsible for all aspects of Physical Education delivery in line with the national P.E curriculum for primary schools including Physical Education and our niche educational programmes in and around the Wakefield District as well as schools in Scunthorpe and Ripon.
The successful candidate will also be expected to deliver in curriculum PE sessions working directly with the class teacher to upskill internal school staff, deliver lunchtime and after school provision and link with the schools to deliver active Maths, Literacy, Reading & 1-1 exercise sessions when required.
Initially, as a part-time role, the candidate will deliver between 15-18 sessions per week, typically delivering during the school day on a term time only basis as well as also working at our multi-sports holiday camps during the school holidays and other departments at Wakefield Trinity Community Foundation.
What we are looking for…
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, and inspirational individual who can help create a legacy within the Wakefield District by working directly with class teachers to educate the school professionals to competently deliver tailored PE provision within their school environment.
• Own transport with a full UK driving licence.
• Enhanced Clean DBS certificate.
• First Aid Qualification (within the last 2 years).
• Safeguarding Certificate (within the last 12 months).
• 2x NGB Level 2 Coaching Qualification.
• Experience of delivering primary school Gymnastics.
• Experience of delivering in a classroom environment.
• Minimum of 12 months experienced in delivering curriculum-based Primary School P.E to children aged 4-11.
• An additional Gymnastics and/or Dance qualification.
• Achieved or working towards a Level 3/4/5/6 in Primary School PE/Sport.
• Degree (or working towards) in Sports Coaching or any other sport-related degree.
• PGCE Qualification (or working towards)
• Experience of using behaviour management strategies when delivering sports and physical activity.
To apply, please send your completed CV and Covering Letter to [email protected].
Regular COVID Testing when working in the school or office environment.
The offer of a position within the company will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check, two employment references from previous roles as well as commitment to attend and adhere to all application process date once confirmed.