See below for details on the role…
Job Title: Rugby League Development Officer
Salary: 18,000 per annum
Location: Wakefield Trinity , The Mobile Rocket Stadium, Doncaster Road, Wakefield, WF1 5EY
Hours of work: Flexible working hours apply + evening and weekend commitments as required
Responsibility to: Rugby League Development Manager
Contractual Status: Fixed Term – to 31.07.2021 (extension subject to funding)
Strategic aims: Wakefield Trinity Community Foundation aim to deliver projects in the heart of the community by harnessing the power of sport, health and education to make a lasting, positive impact on individuals’ lives. The Community Foundation delivers a range of projects under the four principles of Sport, Health, Social Inclusion and Education. Sport is an engaging tool that allows our staff to work with a whole range of individuals, delivering important lifestyle messages to inspire others to make positive changes to their own lives.
Strategic aims of the role: The Rugby League Development Officer will be tasked with supporting the growth of various strands of Rugby League – from participation in schools, Women & Girls, Disability and social Rugby League. They will maximise ticket sales within the community and aim to increase spectators to watch Wakefield Trinity. In addition, they must create a positive relationship with Ambassador clubs, Schools and other organisations. The Development Officer will report directly to the Rugby League Development Manager and ensure a positive working relationship with Community Foundation staff and Wakefield Trinity RLFC staff. They will ensure that all sessions are delivered to a high standard, providing teaching resource and lesson plans if required.
Key Responsibilities: – Lead on Women & Girls Rugby League growth in Wakefield.
– Create and maintain links with local schools, both mainstream and independent schools.
– Link Children into Community Clubs – Exit strategy into local existing infrastructures.
– Signpost potential funding and sponsorship opportunities to the Head of Foundation.
– Ensure Schools receive session packs and receive complete registers for Upshot reporting.
– Ensure schools receive the menu of activities and deliver the agreed activities.
– Assist with ‘Game Day’ activities including, Primary RL, player escort, flag bearers etc.
– Record observations and create case studies – Build evidence to secure further funding.
– Ensure safeguarding/child protection/vulnerable adults policies are adhered to at all times – Working with the school and ensuring measures are in place.
Additional Responsibilities: – Additional work for the Wakefield Trinity Community Foundation as requested by line manager.
– Offer added value by providing additional activities – Player appearances, Daddy Cool appearances and incentives to reward achievement.
– Attendance at all core Wakefield Trinity Community Foundation events including Wakefield Trinity match days (home only).
– Ensure Upshot data is available to be recorded on the system on a weekly basis.
– Attendance at Wakefield Trinity Community Foundation camps and summer activities outside of term times as required by line manager.
– Attendance on courses to upskill and meet safeguarding standards.
– Additional duties as required by Wakefield Trinity RLFC.
Skills Required: The Development Officer is required to be professional, smart, honest, competent, punctual and deliver excellence in their role. You are required to be confident, display good communication skills and be an effective team leader. You will be able to manage your workload accordingly and ensure deadlines are met. You will have the skills to be able to deliver quality and ensure that guarantees to organisations or people are met. You will build and maintain relationships with Schools through excellent interpersonal skills.
Qualifications Required: A qualification or experience relating to the role is essential.
Minimum requirements are, UKCC Level 2 RL, Safeguarding, First Aid, DBS (Enhanced).
As a commitment to the employee we will upskill you to the minimum requirement and fund the qualifications.
A driving licence and vehicle are requirements of the job. Expenses provided.
If you are interested in the role, please send a CV an cover letter to Josh Riding at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date Friday 10th January.